Administrative Director – Mainsprings
The Administrative Director to oversee organization finances such as weekly, monthly, and annual budgets, and track and report all spending
• Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
• Experience Level: Management level
• Experience Length: 5 years
About Mainsprings JBFC:
Mainsprings: The Janada L. Batchelor Foundation for Children (JBFC) is a non-profit/NGO based in the Mwanza Region of rural Tanzania. We work to alleviate poverty through refuge, education, agriculture and healthcare on two campuses in the Mwanza Region. We provide refuge to over 40 girls who have been living in poverty, abandoned or abused. We provide an affordable English Medium Education to nearly 400 students at our Joseph and Mary Primary and Secondary Schools. We have a farm that employs many from our neighboring village and feeds our staff, students and residential girls daily. We also seek to provide healthcare and healthcare education to our staff, students and neighboring village.
We currently employ over 60 East African citizens which we expect to grow as we open our new campus in a separate rural location, also in the Mwanza Region. We maintain a restaurant and lodge on our primary campus and are in the process of opening a VETA program to provide further education in the hotel and food management industry.
About the role:
We are hiring an Administrative Director to oversee organization finances such as weekly, monthly, and annual budgets, and track and report all spending. The AD will also oversee HR including maintaining all employee files, contracts, payroll, etc., preparing and maintaining all records and files, and managing organizational compliance with TRA, pension funds, WCF, loan boards, etc. The AD will also be involved in strategic planning and will assist, when needed, in day-to-day activities and various programs.
The Administrative Director will live and work in Mwanza, with travel to our two campuses in Magu and Buchosa districts.
The Administrative Director will be a valued member of our team responsible for collaborating on issues outside of just finance and HR.
Your responsibilities will include:
• You will take historical spending and future projections to determine annual budgets for all Campuses with input from the rest of the team.
• You will send monthly budget requests to the CEO in the U.S. office.
• You should oversee all in-country spending, working closely with COO, Campus Director(s) and managers to ensure budgets stay on target.
• You will help prepare weekly and monthly budgets.
• You will input daily cash balance sheets into our online accounting system, Quickbooks, after receiving the pertinent information and receipts from the Campus Director(s).
• You should act as a checks and balances to make sure all data is accurate.
• You will be responsible for ensuring that all employee files and records (employee contracts, disciplinary action, incident reports, attendance reports, etc.) are consistent across the organization.
• You will work with Campus Director(s) to execute payroll and pay out monthly salaries, pension and taxes.
• You will work with Central Administration team to set organizational goals.
• You should expect to provide administrative and/or leadership support to other positions as needed. Communication and Reporting
• You are responsible for completing Monthly Financial Reports for the Tanzanian team and Quarterly Financial Reports for the U.S. Office.
• You should provide Monthly Administration Reports to the CEO and COO.
• You will write follow-up reports for any special partnerships or visits and send to USbased staff.
• You will need to provide content for our website and social media outlets to help raise awareness about our mission.
• You should implement and maintain a regular activity, club or project with the JBFC girls to foster a strong relationship with our residential girls.
• You should act as a professional that our entire staff and student body can look up to.
Who we are looking for:
• You are an experienced professional that can jump in and keep our financial tracking system organized and accurate.
• You are someone that has a really strong attention to detail and the ability to take a significant amount of data and turn it into helpful information that can guide the organization to be more efficient. .
• You hold a Bachelor Degree or equivalent in accounting, finance, or administration from an accredited University.
• You are fluent in English and Swahili.
• You are skilled in computer programs including but not limited to MS Office.
• You have experience with QuickBooks accounting programs.
• You have past experience coordinating with TRA, pension funds, etc.
You have the cultural fit to work with the team at Mainsprings JBFC if:
• You are passionate about community development and social change, and have a strong commitment to dealing with the challenges that come along with it.
• Your mentality and experience align with Mainsprings JBFC’s Mission.
• You are value driven and you want to instill strong values in our community.
Why work with us?
We are a team of fun and dedicated individuals working together to improve the future of our students, staff and community as a whole. We strive to create a work environment that values personal and professional growth, all while having fun and changing lives. Our team has a strong sense of ownership over the organization and everyone has a chance to contribute to the growth of the organization. If you enjoy building connections and seeing the long-term impact of your work, this job is for you.
• The start date for this position is slated for the 1st of October, 2018.
• This position is full time, with some work in evenings and on weekends required.
• We will agree on a three-month probation period with learning and performance goals.
Want to apply?
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com