AMREF Jobs HTS Counsellors (11 positions)
Amref Health Africa in Kenya is currently looking for HTS Counsellors (11 positions) to support provision of high quality HIV Testing services and work towards achieving global and national targets of the 90-90-90 strategies.
Check Job description here
4.1 Minimum Education – (academic and professional)
• Diploma in counselling or any other health related field
• Certificate in HTS
• Training in provision of HIV Testing Services ((HTS)
• Training in HIV /AIDS prevention, care and treatment including HIV testing
• Registered with relevant professional body
• Valid current practicing license
• At least one year experience in a HTS setting
• Knowledge of the relevant MOH reporting tools
• Experience in Elicitation, tracing and testing of contacts from the index client
• Experience in working in informal settlement in a similar position will be an added advantage
• Good interpersonal communication skills
• Good analytical skills.
• Good organizational skills – planning and implementation
• A team player
• Ability to work under minimum supervision
• Good report writing skills
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships
• Counselling skills
• Problem solving skills
• Mentoring skills
• ICT proficient
• Good listening skills
5 Work Environment
Normal office environment.
6 Hours of Work
Normal working hours as per Amref guidelines and regulations. Job holder may be required to work outside normal working hours due to the nature of the work in general.