Business Support Team Administrator (maternity cover) (INT4733)
OXFAM PURPOSE: To work with others to overcome poverty and suffering
DEPARTMENT PURPOSE: To lead and manage the International Programme Team
JOB PURPOSE: To work within the International Programme Team (IPT) Hub to provide travel, recruitment support, and logistical support to teams and departments across the UK based International Programme Team – Programme Funding & Partnership Team, Programme Stategy and Innovation Team, Programme Portforlio Oversight Development Team and the IPT Hub.
• Workflow is multi-tasked
• Ability to use initiative to plan and organise work routines
• Resolves a variety of basic problems by evaluating & selecting appropriate courses of action
• Deals with information in a wide range of related subjects
• Provides advice and support on routine/low technical matters
• Ability to work out the internal and external consequences of change and plan ahead accordingly
• Contributes to procedures, finds better ways of doing things and has some creativity.
• Assists on project management, e.g. co-ordination, progress chasing•
To assist assigned team/project within the International Programme Team in a variety of activities, primarily travel arrangements, HR Administrative support to managers, and logistical support to global meetings.
1. Being the sole travel advisory and service for teams across IPT
2. Organise and support teams and departmental events and global meetings.
3. To make arrangements and ensure appropriate hospitality for visitors going to and coming from the international programme and to arrange as requested by the BST Manager.
4. Assist managers with their recruitment by providing HR Administrative support
5. To assist assigned team/project within the IPT in a variety of activities
6. To help with ensuring that links with the rest of the organisation are maintained through effective communication methods and by using collaborative tools.
7. Undertake other duties and tasks as required to support the objectives of the Business Support Team including provision of cover when necessary
8. Creating robust relationships with internal and external colleagues
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
• Well organised and effective time-manager (E)
• Flexible and adaptable (E)
• Proven ability to develop and maintain basic administrative systems. (E)
• Proven ability to work accurately with attention to detail and to produce clear written communications, (E)
• Excellent computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and databases, and a willingness to develop new skills. (E)
• Knowledge of other languages, French, Spanish, Portuguese (D)
• Ability to work both in a team and independently, take the initiative when appropriate. (E)
• Proven ability to organise, plan and prioritise work. (E)
• Ability to respond to a variety of questions relating to the job. (D)
• Effective use of technology and department procedures to assist in achievement of objectives. (D)
• Experience of administering travel logistics including complex cases (D)
• Proven ability to work well under pressure, juggling multiple tasks. (E)
• Commitment to equal opportunities and to promoting gender in all aspects of Oxfam’s work. (E)
Oxfam is committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are committed to zero tolerance of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuses of power in our organisation. This means that we will do everything in our power to prevent it from happening, and rigorously address it each and every time it happens. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us. Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate vetting checks.
This is a fixed term contract for 6 months (maternity cover).
Candidate must posses and retain the right to work in the UK.
Location:OXFORD (OXFAM HOUSE)
Hours:36 hours per week
Salary:£17,585 gross per annum (including Hot Spot Allowance)
Job Family:Business Support / Admin
Job Type:Fixed Term
Closing Date:3 September 2018
Other vacancies at Oxfam International 2018