Clinical Advisor – HIV Care and Treatment at Tanzania Health Promotion Support
Experience : 5.0 Year(s) No. of Position : 1
Skill : Ability to work independently, Extensive clinical experience in care and treatment of people living with HIV/AIDS, Experience working in collaboration with local government partners (R/CHMTS) and NGOs., Excellent team orientation, openness, responsiveness and conflict management skills, At least 5 years’ experience in working in HIV care and treatment, Excellent interpersonal and management skills., Excellent English and Swahili oral/written communication
Job Opening date : 27-Sep-2018 Job closing date : 12-Oct-2018
Job Description To provide technical support to clinical staffing for provision of multidisciplinary family-focused HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment services at THPS supported facilities. This entails HIV counseling and testing at all entry points including, Provider Initiated testing and Counseling (PITC), enrollment of adults and adolescents living with HIV into care and antiretroviral treatment (ART); enhancing retention and minimizing lost to follow up (LTFU), effective adherence and psychosocial support, implementation of collaborative TB/HIV activities, efficient management of commodities and ongoing mentorship and supportive supervision. S/He will work with the PMTCT/Pediatrics technical advisor to ensure that health care providers are well equipped with skills to appropriately manage infants, children and adolescents living with HIV according to national and international standards.
LOCATION Kigoma Regional Office (with frequent field travel)
Responsibility: • To provide direct technical assistance to the staff at THPS supported health care facilities; onsite staff capacity building on HIV/AIDS clinical management , clinical mentoring, patient flow analysis, improvement of adherence support systems, strengthen of referral systems, etc.
• To facilitate Provider Initiated Testing and counseling at all key entry points of the health facility to increase identification of PLHIV and their enrollment to Care & Treatment and retention in treatment
• To implement creatively efforts to support quality pediatric HIV services.
• To establish and monitor innovative adherence and retention strategies at THPS supported health facilities in collaboration with clinical and adherence psychosocial support and community linkages teams.
• To facilitate integration between TB and HIV services including infection control within HIV care and treatment clinics, TB screening and identification of TB suspects for diagnostic work up and treatment initiation, and isoniazid preventive therapy (IPT)
• To ensure that THPS-supported clinical care activities at multiple delivery sites conform to the Tanzanian national guidelines.
• To develop with other Advisors and Technical Director the care and treatment related materials, including job aides, protocols, algorithms and other necessary tools.
• To assist the Kigoma Regional Manager to develop Annual regional work plan and to review its implementation.
• To assist the Kigoma Regional Manager in the development of monthly and quarterly reports.
• To coordinate implementation of clinical HIV/AIDS technical support from THPS in Tanzania
• To coordinate and supervise quality improvement (QI) initiatives in the region
• To perform any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
Qualification Required: Bsc in Medicine