Duma Works is recruiting a Corporate Accountant for one of its clients. The hiring organization is a Renewable energy company in Mwanza, Tanzania that provides and finances accessible, affordable, and energy-efficient equipment designed for off-grid businesses in Sub-Saharan Africa
The Corporate Accountant manages the financial capture, analysis, and knowledge of a rapidly growing organization. You will ensure compliance with policies and periodically evaluate the processes to manage the organization’s finances. You will also be responsible for payment of the company’s taxes and fees within Tanzania. Reporting directly to the COO, you are critical to the reporting of accounting information for global consolidation and financial reporting.
The position is ultimately responsible for the accountability of operations:
Accounting / Bookkeeping
• Manage the books and ensure monthly close;
• Recommend improvements to policies for financial accountability;
• Ensure that all Tanzanian taxes are paid, withholdings are made, and reporting is submitted on time;
• Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit;
• Improve our financial data capture process to ensure we have the information to make a better decision;
• Utilize financial information to advise Senior Management in tactical and strategic matters;
• Participate in the budget process and contribute to its efficiency as a planning, governing, and learning mechanism.
• Improve financial policies to manage cash, operational, and other risks;
• Conduct periodic internal audits to measure compliance and identify areas for improvement.
Skills and Qualifications
The Corporate Accountant is a seasoned financial professional with corporate experience:
• Minimum 4 years experience in accounting and corporate finance;
• CPA or plans to achieve CPA certification within 6 months;
• Fluent in Microsoft Excel;
• Comfortable with accounting software, preferably Xero;
• Proficient with Tanzanian accounting standards and regulatory requirements;
• Proficient with IASB and GAAP accounting standards;
• Tanzanian citizen
• Fluent in English and Swahili.
• The position reports to the COO, who acts effectively as CFO;
• Manages Junior Accountants as contracted;
• The Accountant works closely with all departments, including Sales, Logistics, Service, Technology, and others.
• Externally, the position works with auditors, the TRA, banks, and others.
Measurement of Performance
• Timely, accurate closing of the accounting books;
• Operational and strategic insights to management based on the financial information;
• Proactive counsel to management on changes in regulations or treatments;
• Timely internal audits demonstrating both compliance and areas for improvement;
• Compliance with all TRA reporting requirements and regulations: no surprises.
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “3482”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3482 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Sunday, 30 September 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.