CARE Tanzania seeks to recruit qualified Tanzanians for the position of Partnership Development Manager-Capacity Building to be based in Igunga District, Tabora
CARE Tanzania is implementing the four years Tabora Maternal and Newborn Health Initiative (TAMANI) project from January 2017 to June 2021 with the ultimate outcome of improving maternal and reproductive health in eight districts of Tabora region. Positive maternal health outcomes will be achieved through improving availability of quality reproductive, maternal, and newborn health services; and to increasing utilization of reproductive, maternal, and newborn health services by women and their families. Immediate outcomes for the project include: Strengthened capacity of regional and district health system managers to effectively plan, manage, and deliver quality gender-sensitive reproductive, maternal, and newborn health services; Improved gender-sensitive reproductive, maternal and newborn health service infrastructure; Improved knowledge and skills of health providers to deliver gender-sensitive reproductive, maternal, and newborn clinical services; Increased access to gender-sensitive reproductive, maternal newborn health services; and Improved ability of women to seek reproductive, maternal and newborn health services.
CARE International is seeking a Partnership Development Manager (PDM) who is responsible to effectively implement the TAMANI capacity building activities at the facility and district levels. S/he is also responsible for overall implementation (planning, organizing, executing, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting) of TAMANI activities at the district level. S/he coordinates the implementation of activities at the district level and report directly to the Program Coordinator. S/he ensures sound financial management and effectively provides leadership to program team to deliver as well as establish and strengthen relationship with district officials and other collaborators in the program area. S/he is also expected to maintain effective working relationships with CARE staff working with other CARE program initiatives and impact groups, as well as partners.
The PDM reports directly to the Program Coordinator-TAMANI. S/he is expected to maintain effective working relationships with other CARE staff members.
• Program Initiative Planning, Implementation and Management
• Provide Capacity Building and Technical Assistance to CHMT and Partners
• Staff and Performance Management
• Budget and Resource Management
• Program Initiative Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Reporting
• Representation, Networking and Relationship building
• Promote Gender Equality
• Perform Other Duties as Assigned
• BA/BSc degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, Communication, Education or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Post Graduate degree / Masters in relevant field
At least 4 years’ experience in related development field, out of which at least one year of supervisory responsibility.
• Demonstrated strategic planning skills, organizational and management skills.
• Strong team-building and team-work qualities.
• Demonstrated ability in financial management
• Facilitation skills and capacity building skills particularly applied in community based settings
• A quick analytical mind with the ability to think critically and creatively to resolve problems
• Conversant in MS office Word and Excel
• Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality, sensitivity to HIV/AIDS and participatory approach and sustainable development.
• Fundraising and facilitation skills
• M & E skills with experience in monitoring and measuring impact
• Partnerships building skills
Planning and Organizing; Initiating Action; Excellence; Integrity; Transformation; Equity; Diversity; Communicating with Impact; Strengthening Partnership; Stress Management; Adaptability; Contribute to Team Success; Facilitating Change; Coaching; Building Commitment; Developing Teams; Operational Decision Making: Negotiation; Managing Excellence; Adaptability and Stress Tolerance.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Only a letter of application and CV without supporting documents such as certificates should be sent by email to Human Resources Department
TZAHumanResourcesDepartment@care.org by CoB, 5 November 2018 at 1700hrs. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse