Security Coordinator (single gold mine)
Return to Search Results
Number of Positions: 4
Job Category: Security/Protective Services
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: Market Related
Location: Dar Es Salaam
G4S Region: Africa
Country:Tanzania, United Republic of
G4S Business Unit:Tanzania
Closing Date: October 30, 2018
Package Description: Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
The main purpose of the job is to work with a team of other coordinators to provide security for a large scale, complex, medium risk gold mine with integral gold room
• Command, Control & Communications in respect of the security services provided by G4S
• Manage manned guarding through the manned guarding service manager
• Supervise Control Room / Gold Room Security and Bullion Shipments
• Supervise Access Control
• Loss Prevention
• Ensure compliance with SOPs and G4S Group Minimum Standards
• Implementing & maintaining appropriate systems, processes and procedures that ensure effective and efficient delivery of services to the customers.
• Managing operational and contingent risks. Implementing appropriate Security Systems in Gold Room and Control Room and ensuring proper working processes.
• Monitoring and controlling service delivery costs to optimize profitability.
• Ensuring that services rendered are billed accurately and promptly and managing effective cash flow.
• Analyzing, maintaining and providing accurate financial information.
• Managing, motivating and developing security staff assigned to the mine and achieve agreed results.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Formal qualification in security such as CPP, or University degree or Diploma in security studies – Alternatively can be substituted by Military Officer training or Police Service command training
• Appropriate experience in supervising or managing security on a mine or other remote site with a large manned security contingent
• Knowledge of secure logistics is desirable
• Ability to develop and execute plans effectively
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Computer literacy
• Ability to communicate effectively in English
• Able to negotiate and interact at a Senior level.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Excellent analytical and numerical abilities.
• Result Oriented.
• Assertive and resilient team player with the ability to work effectively in a high pressure environment and meet strict deadlines.
• The ability to maintain regular contacts with customers to ensure customer expectations are met.
• Knowledge of remote site security
• Leading people
• Managing professionally
• Managing Conflict
• Communication (Written and Verbal)
• Computer literacy
• Basic financial skills
• Risk identification
• Driving change
• Customer Thinking
• Delivering objectives
• Awareness of the market environment
• Delivering strategy
TO APPLY SEARCH THIS LINK https://careers.g4s.com/jobs/Security-Coordinator-single-gold-mine_127535/