Vacancies announcement at JKCI-TRIT-NCT-18-October-2018
PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT
Ref.No.EA.7/96/01/J/210 18th October, 2018
On behalf of Jakaya Kikwete Cardiac Institute (JKCI), Tea Research Institute of Tanzania (TRIT) and National College of Tourism (NCT), Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites dynamic, suitably qualified and Tanzanians to fill 18 vacant posts
1.1 THE JAKAYA KIKWETE CARDIAC INSTITUTE (JKCI)
The Jakaya Kikwete Cardiac Institute (JKCI) is a government owned national specialized
and University Teaching Hospital that serves patients from all regions of the United
Republic of Tanzania and beyond for cardiovascular medical intervention. The Institute
has 103 bed capacity attending approximately 100 inpatients and 700 outpatients per
week. It enjoys the services of 34 doctors, some highly specialized in cardiovascular
medicine and 72 trained nurses, the institute is organized into five directorates namely;
Cardiology services, Surgical Services, Nursing Services, Clinical Support Services and
Corporate Services. The directorates are further divided into 16 departments.
In addition to cardiovascular treatment, the JKCI establishment instrument (2015)
empowers it to train at tertiary level cardiovascular care and treatment, and perform
research that conforms to consultant and teaching hospitals and Institutes worldwide. In
the quest for meeting its mandated functions, the JKCI works with stakeholders to meet
not only the National and Ministerial health targets, but also the WHO health standards
as far as possible.
UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
1.1.1 NURSING OFFICER II (15 POSTS)
1.1.2 DUTIES AND RESPOSIBILITIES.
- Provide high quality nursing care using appropriate nursing processes;
- Assess patient’s condition, plan, implement, and document and evaluate
individualized care using appropriate nursing model and according to the institute
iii. Ensure all drugs and other treatments are given to the patients as prescribed and
observe any adverse condition;
- Maintain a professional friendly atmosphere and create a dignified environment;
- Maintain personal contact with patients, their relatives and visitors to enhance the
patient’s quality of life, dignity and the good standing of the institute;
- Ensure the safe care and custody of patients property in accordance with the
vii. Maintain Health and Safety at work by ensuring that infection prevention and
control principles are followed; and
viii. Perform any other duties as assigned by superiors from time to time.
1.1.3 QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a reputable institution plus successful
completion of Internship and registered with Tanzania Nurses and Midwives
Attractive Package will be offered.
1.1.5 TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE SERVICE
Permanent and Pensionable.
1.1.6 BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN II – 1 POST
1.1.7 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist higher level Technicians in repairing, installing, calibrating, or maintaining a range of general biomedical/ clinical equipment, e.g., replacing components, taking test readings, and wiring circuits in accordance with specific instructions;
- Perform preventative maintenance and electrical safety testing of equipment;
iii. Make minor repairs on medical electronic equipment; and
- Maintain appropriate records of repairs and preventative maintenance
1.1.8 QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Diploma in Biomedical Engineering from a reputable institution.
Attractive Package will be offered.
1.1.10 TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE SERVICE
Permanent and Pensionable
2.0 THE TEA RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF TANZANIA (TRIT)
The Tea Research Institute of Tanzania (TRIT) is an autonomous organization representing the Government of Tanzania and the tea industry. Its duty is to support the continued development of the tea industry, both large and small-scale producers, with appropriate high quality, cost effective research and technology transfer. It is funded by both public and private sector and by grant aid from willing donors.
RESEARCH OFFICER II (1 post)
2.0.1 DUTY STATION
The TRIT operates at two locations: Ngwazi Tea Research Station, located in Mufindi District, Iringa Region and Marikitanda Tea Research Station located in Amani Muheza District, Tanga Region.
2.0.2 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understudy Senior Researchers in order to acquire In-Service experience in carrying out research work in various fields crop production in respective tea research areas; ii. Assist in setting up field experiments, data collection and analysis; iii. Search for relevant literature required and writing research reports; iv. Collect Agricultural research data in respective area of work; and
v. Supervise maintenance of research trial site located across all tea growing
areas of Tanzania.
2.0.3 QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
B.Sc. Agricultural crop or related Biological Sciences degree in his/her appropriate field from a recognized University.
2.0.4 TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The successful candidate will be entitled to an attractive package commensurate with job requirements. The salary pay will be at TRITS 6 scale.
3.0 THE NATIONAL COLLEGE OF TOURISM (NCT)
The National College of Tourism (NCT) was launched as an Executive Agency under the Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism on 24th January, 2003 in accordance with the
Executive Agency Act No. 30 of 1997. NCT is responsible for providing high quality
training in Hospitality and Tourism industry with a view of improving service standards
and enhance skills in Tourism and Hospitality.
3.1 TUTOR GRADE II (PASTRY AND BAKERY) – 1 POST
3.1.1 REPORTS TO: Head of Department
3.1.2 DUTY STATION: Bustani Campus, Dar es Salaam
3.1.3 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaches up to NTA level 6 and may assist teaching in higher NTA levels;
- Administers examinations for NTA level 6 students;
iii. Conducts and supports research and consultancy works;
- Prepares learning resources;
- Supervises field training;
- Supervises and assists junior staff; and
vii. Performs any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
3.1.4 QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Holder of Bachelor Degree in Hotel Management with specialization in Pastry and Bakery Services or equivalent qualifications from a reputable institution. Diploma in Education and three years working experience in teaching will be an added advantage.
GENERAL CONDITIONS i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania of not more than 45 years of
age except for those who are in Public Service;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Birth Certificate.
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all partial transcripts.
- Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters
through their respective employers;
vii. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
viii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level
education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
- Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
- Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate;
- A signed application letter should be written in English and ii. Deadline for application is 1st November, 2018 and;
iii. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview;
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
Application letter should be addressed to; Secretary, President’s Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, 27 Bibi Titi Mohammed Road, P.O. Box 63100, Maktaba Complex, 11102 Dar Es Salaam.
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT.